May 02, 2011

Mergez Gourmet Sausage Sandwitch

Never would have I imagined that this limitation on eating - or being "kosher" - could offer such a tasty experience.When I was 18 and had no understanding of what being kosher really meant my boyfriend Mike introduced me to Jeff's on Pico and Robertson. Going to PF Chang's on a weekly basis and him only being able to enjoy the vegetarian plates while I sat and devoured endless platters of Mongolian beef and Kung Pao Shrimp was not working.

After almost 10 years since my first visit, Jeff's still offer the same collection of gourmet sausages. I usually order the Mergez - a spicy Moroccan beef and lamb sausage on a French roll, topped with Mediterranean salad.  The chilli fries are to die for. Jeff's also sells their sausages to go in multi packs so you can take them home and BBQ them at the comfort of your own home (versus eating there and getting stared down by the crowd of Rabis, their pregnant wives, and 6 children for wearing inappropriate clothing).


{ Mergez Gourmet Sausage Sandwich }



Jeff's Gourmet Kosher Sausage Factory
8930 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035
310.858.8590 
Mon-Thu, Sun 11 am - 11 pm
Fri 11 am - 2 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment